Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Serendipities

Serendipities can be such wonderful surprises.

I found out about the Stanford Hospital's Jewish Chaplaincy's shofar sounding event (noon today at the hospital). As much as I enjoy sounding shofar, knowing that this would be the only opportunity for some in that community to fulfill the mitzvah of hearing shofar, I went.

Kids from Hausner went, too.

Aviv Monarch was there with them! Such wonderful memories from when the kids were at Hausner, sounding shofar each morning in Elul with them, sounding with Aviv, such an inspirational teacher for so many students. Faces lit, shofarot were juggled to make room for hugs, all-too-brief updates exchanged.

It was a wonderful surprise and, though it should certainly have been wonderful, I really shouldn't have been all that surprised once I learned that Hausner would be there: Aviv and his shofar were, when the kids were there, legendary!

No comments: